BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Love for Enemies

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, "
-Matthew 5:43-44

A basic paraphrased version of this is saying that anyone can return hate for hate, but it takes a child of God to return a blessing and a prayer for his or her enemies (taken from a word for today). I'm sure that I am not the first to say "they are my enemy, why would I pray for them?". The truth is, it's hard to pray for someone you don't particularly like. It is especially hard to be nice to someone and show them love like God has shown us, when they are being mean to you. So instead of hating that person, why not PRAY for that person and in a sense "
kill them with KINDNESS".

0 comments: